A recent report has suggested that Newcastle United could still land Antonio Conte despite reported interest in the Italian from Manchester United.
Steve Bruce sacked
In what was perhaps the least surprising news of the month, Newcastle would announce recently that they had parted routes with Steve Bruce.
#NUFC can confirm that Steve Bruce has left his position as psyche coach by mutual consent.
The club would like to place on record its gratitude to Steve for its own contribution and cares him well for the future.
— Newcastle United FC (@ NUFC) October 20, 2021
Bruce was appointed Newcastle boss in July of 2019 and went on to manage 97 games for his boyhood club.
In that time, Bruce picked up 29 prevails, sucked 25 activities and lost 43. Bruce leaves the organization sat in the relegation region, having failed to pick up a conference win so far this term.
But before this season, Bruce had done a reasonable hassle of preserving the cash-strapped Magpies afloat despite Mike Ashley’s clear unwillingness to invest heavily in the squad.
But with Newcastle now having the richest owneds in world-wide football, it was obvious to pretty much everyone that Bruce’s epoches at St James’ were numbered.
For the time being, Graeme Jones has received himself in charge of the squad and would leader Newcastle to a 1-1 move with Crystal Palace last weekend.
But it is obvious that Newcastle will be searching for a brand-new overseer in the near future.
Conte to Newcastle?
One manager who would likely be something of a dream appointment is Antonio Conte.
The Italian is one of the best managers available at present, having previously shone in the Premier League with Chelsea before going to Inter Milan to end Juventus’ reign of predominance over the Serie A, which also actually started under Conte all those years ago.
But with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer struggling for reactions, there was a feeling that Manchester United would be the side to land Conte. It was even reported earlier the coming week that the team had attained initial contact with Conte.
However, reports are now suggesting that Man United are not as close to Conte as some followers might have hoped.
As per the Chronicle, quoting the Daily Star, Newcastle could still land Conte as the dream ministerial appointment with Man United said to be losing interest.
The report said Man United will distance themselves from the onetime Inter manager over financial issues.
Could this open the door for Newcastle to swoop in and snap up the Italian?
Read more: 101greatgoals.com